cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email - getting rid of Two-Step Authentication

Go to solution

One of my email accounts is used by up to 15 colleagues to run our dog rescue organisation. Recently the account was suspended by BT due to 'suspicious activity.' I have changed the password, but I still can't access the account until I set up Two-Step Authentication which is totally impractical for our group. Every time someone tries to access the account, a pin is sent to my phone, as I am the one who set up the account in the first place. How do I avoid setting up two-Step authentication?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email - getting rid of Two-Step Authentication

Go to solution

Hello @MickB2 

Thank you for your message, I completely understand.

you can download the Microsoft 2 Factor App, where everyone can have it on their device and it’ll ask you to type the number in you see to verify the account access. This will stop the pins to your phone.

2 Factor is more secure and is probably the way forward to stop people from breaching accounts but we cannot determine on this forum the reason for BT saying they saw suspicious activity and you’ll need to set up two factor without contacting BT directly.

Downloading a 2 factor app allows for extra security and easier access to all your accounts.

You can attempt to remove 2 factor by follow these steps:

• Log onto your MyBT.

• Go to "Your Details".

• Scroll down to 2FA.

• Click on "Your Passcode settings".

• In the "Manage your 2FA".

• Then "switch it off".

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Liam - sorted now!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @MickB2 .

Great post @FIZZYLP . Kudos to you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I’m glad I was able to assist and get this resolved for yourself @MickB2, hope going forwards this should resolve the login issues experienced by other colleagues.

also @DavidM thank you I appreciate it 🫡

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@MickB2wrote:

One of my email accounts is used by up to 15 colleagues to run our dog rescue organisation. Recently the account was suspended by BT due to 'suspicious activity.' I have changed the password, but I still can't access the account until I set up Two-Step Authentication which is totally impractical for our group. Every time someone tries to access the account, a pin is sent to my phone, as I am the one who set up the account in the first place. How do I avoid setting up two-Step authentication?

I'm surprised it isn't blocked more often if it's used by more than one person, presumably in different locations at possibly similar times. That can easily get it blocked due to different IP addresses accessing the account in quick succession.