cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Email locked

I have been locked out of my email because of suspicious activity. I cannot remember my security question and when I ring BT no-one is able to help.

I need to get back into my emails asap. Anyone know what I can do?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Email locked

Just need to try again later. I would try using web mail using a browser and not the app 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

The security questions are there to stop unauthorised access to your email account. If BT just let you bypass them then anybody who knew your email address could just call up and say the have forgotten them and gain access to your account.

Have you tried using the email account login "Forgotten your Login Details" link under the logon box on the BTMail logon page.

BTMail 

If that won't work for you do you have a back up email address or a mobile phone number registered in your MyBT.

If so you should be able to get BT to send a security code to either of them in order to use it to get back into your email. Failing that BT should be able to post the security code to your accounts registered address.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Same issue here.  I've just spoken to BT and it's a nationwide issue - I'm locked out of a sub-account and the password reset doesn't work, even though the BT bloke says the details are correct.  They are trying to fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I have access again.  The first password reset page asked for the main account holder's details so I put mine in - confirmed by BT on the phone that these should be the person who uses the sub-account as it was set up years ago and was not yet linked to my MyBT.  Then my security question for MyBT was entered correctly by me (I certainly remembered the name of my first boss!) but this was apparently wrong. So I had a brainwave - I set a new security question and it worked, so then I could change my password, which now works.

The problem all started when I got an alert last night 'too many messages' after I sent an email to a list of 100 people - perfectly legit and I've used that list dozens of times.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted @Frogmodem .

@RHANNEY080690 Did you manage to get sorted?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Unfortunately I am still unable to access my email
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I managed to change my security question (for MyBT) without entering the old one! Have you got as far as the change password page?    Are you the main account holder? Is this a sub-account?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I can access mybt no problem, however when I try to access my email it states it been locked and when I enter my security details it states they are wrong. 

When I ask to change the email password it takes me through the stages of unlocking my email account.

I spoke to BT this morning and apparently my DOB and security question are wrong but my postcode is correct.

I

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Very similar to my conversation with them.  Did someone else set up this account or was it you?  I think the problem is that somehow their systems are not remembering security details - I definitely put my first boss's name correctly but it was rejected as my security answer. I did manage to change the question and answer in MyBT and then I went back in to do the password.  Strange about the DOB at your end though! I didn't get that error.

0 Ratings