cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 92

Re: Email not synching on Android phone - NOT just GMAIL related

Go to solution

Agreed, and that has been an issue in the past. However, I've tried this over 2 different  WiFi's and 4g with no noticeable difference. Worth others trying though. 

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 92

Re: Email not synching on Android

Go to solution

Dear Experts.  Have there been any more general updates in email server-client protocols that are supposed to have been adopted recently?  Eg that Gmail on Androids has adopted but poor old BT not?

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 92

Re: Email not syncing on Android

Go to solution
GMail update this morning seems to have resolved the problem
Message 84 of 92

Go to solution

I have had the same problem since the beginning of August. I tried the recommended solutions such as switching off and on, removing and adding the btinternet account and eventually, but probably unnecessarily, did a factory reset which created a lot of work.   The latter two solutions each worked for a couple of days then stopped.

Finally, I found the update to gmail dated 5 August 2023, downloaded and installed it.

It seems to have worked!  This may well be a patch to solve the problem created by the previous  update.

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 92

Go to solution

@Magrit not update showing for me today - last one 05/08.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 92

Go to solution

My Gmail app was updated today and I could sync my emails from my phone to BT email until I forwarded a message and I can no longer sync. I have deleted the forwarded email but it did not solve the problem this time. Also, when I log onto BT email website I can see my list of new emails but cannot read them unless I click Reply or Forward?

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 92

Go to solution

I deleted my BT account and then added it again.  It worked in as far as it brought up all my emails to that date, but then I stopped receiving.  This morning I went into my Google mail and updated it via Google Play and it's now working.  The problem  I have now is I have two BT inboxes which are both updating.  Does anyone know how to delete an inbox?  I don't won't both to disappear.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 92

Go to solution

The new version 2023.07.23.553967039 does appear to fix this.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 92

Go to solution

I've updated to this version so will see if the experience is any better. 

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 92

Go to solution

Has Gmail in the last day or so reverted to an older version - or a derivative of an older version?

0 Ratings