cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5

Email on iPhone

Bit of an odd probably but need someone with experience to please cast their minds back to try and help me please understand something. Back in around 2014/15 (yes I realise a while ago here), I attempted to email myself from my iPhone expecting the message to then appear in my outlook 2010 mailbox on the pc. For some reason, when I logged on, this didn't happen and the message never appeared? I'm unsure whether it was POP3 or IMAP so I apologise for the lack of context here but what would cause it to not appear in my inbox on the pc? Depending on reply, I'll see if I can remember more. Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email on iPhone

There could be a few reason that it never arrived such as your email account suspected it was spam or the settings in Outlook were not correct etc etc.

However rather than trying to work out a problem that you had 8 years ago, do you have a problem today that you would like assistance with?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

I have my reasons for checking so I appreciate the answer. What settings or anything might have caused it to not come through then? I do recall one time where I deleted all my inbox on my iPhone as was just clearing it up and then the same emails on pc inbox in outlook just deleted themselves too so was clearly synced in some degree. Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

There could be a 1001 reasons why it didn't appear, nobody here has a crystal ball to give a definitive answer.

If all you devices are set to IMAP, then deleting on one device will delete on all.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Perhaps if you were forthcoming with your  reasons for asking we might be able to assist more.

0 Ratings