cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Email

Can't log into my btinternet account  yet I can into talk21 which has changed format. I delete old emails and empty them out of the trash but they keep reappearing. I currently have over 16k. They've removed the facility to delete 50 in 1 go and I have to tick one at a time. At this rate it'll take me 2 years to clear them. Why can't someone with any brains sort out their crapp service?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email

You may not be the only one that can't log in to email. I've had the problem occasionally for some months. It works fine for days then the email link logs me in to MyBT.  I was advised to delete cookies, cache and history, sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't. I couldn't log in for almost a week on a couple of occasions. I cleared system again last week and logged in most days since, then.  Today I'm greeted with the updated message that they're changing the system and software and we have to have an up to date browser or the mail won't be accessible. Perhaps this is the cause of the problem of not being able to log in.  I usually empty the trash bin of emails weekly, 100+ no problem and I've never known them return. Check the link on the email log in page to see what system and browser versions they want us to use. Windows 10 looks the oldest and I'm on W7, working fine on all other websites and MyBT. Hope you can get the problem resolved, have you tried contacting Tech Help and an online chat with their service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @eph19

Welcome and thank you for posting.

I am sorry for the login problems you have experienced recently.  We'll be able to pick up and help you from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes they "fixed'' it 2 weeks ago and now it's the same old problem. I tried to escalate it on Monday but have had no reply as yet. Hopefully it'll be fixed  via this forum

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi. Still not sorted and I was on to tech support last Monday and they promised to escalate it. I'm on Windows 10 and have the latest version of Firefox. I can get into my talk21 account but  not into my btinternet account which has  5 sub accounts, 1 we can access but 4 we can't. We just go round in circles, setting up 2 step authentication, taking it off but it makes no difference we can't access our emails. I've been with BT 50 years and this is the first time I've got to the point of considering moving to some other provider

0 Ratings