cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Friends & Family Email Address

Go to solution

Hi

I once allocated one of my BT ID email addresses to an elderly relative, but who has since sadly passed away. I would very much like to "reclaim" that email address, which clearly shows up in the F & F part in my email address list. However, it seems at some point she had changed the password, so I cannot use the password change option to reset it without first knowing that password!

Is there some other way around this that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Friends & Family Email Address

Go to solution

As it was not your email account you will not be able to access the email account but you could reuse the email address.

You can not change the password without knowing security details etc otherwise anybody could change it without the owners permission and have access to that email account.

If it is still showing in your MyBT you could delink the email account. The process then sends an email to that email account so that the owner of that account can take action. That will obviously not happen in this case so after 60 days the account will be deleted along with the contents of the email account.

Once that has happened you should be able set up a new email account and reuse the email address.

How do I close or delete an email account? | BT Help

Message 3 of 3

Re: Friends & Family Email Address

Go to solution

Based on what you say, it then looks like I have no other option than to delink and wait, as that email address IS at least showing in my MyBT email list.

Many thanks for responding, which is much appreciated.

0 Ratings