cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Incorrect email or password message in email client

Go to solution

If you can access the email account by logging into your MyBT it means that both your MyBT and the email account must have the same password.

Did you try changing the email account password via the method I posted, by logging on directly to the email account NOT through your MyBT then click on your username at the top right. Then click on "Account Info" then "Change my Password" and follow the prompts.

Use the following link NOT your MyBT and enter the email address when prompted not your MyBT BTID unless they are both the same.

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Tried this and it went straight to my emails, no logging in, so clicked my address,acc info, change password and it comes back to the MY BT login which won't accept my email and password! I have created a new email address today with no problems but whichever way I try to sort my primary email it either will not accept my old password to do this, or using the forgot password method (from the manage email addresses page) changes my BT login password after sending me an activation code to my recovery email. I have tried setting up the offending email account on another laptop but it will not log on and says my BTinternet settings are out of date even though there are other fully functioning BT email addresses linked to my account. I am convinced a gremlin has got into this account at BT's end and there is nothing I can do about it here. I can sit here all day making new accounts that work until I reach my maximum but my primary account will not let me change the password. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Thank you for your help, I have been pulling my hair out over this and tried every permutation to resolve it but it's beaten me!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Dirt65

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your email accounts.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie, but I've clicked the link and there is no private message.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution
sorry, found it!
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

It's all good @Dirt65

Whenever you reach the top of the queue one of the guys will give you a shout and look into this for you.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie,

I have spoken to some very helpful and lovely people at BT who confirmed it was a gremlin in their server, and this has now been resolved. I've just reset my password and am up and running again. Many thanks to those that tried to help me on this forum, your information was correct but the 'gremlin' was barring me!

Dave

0 Ratings