cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Is there a way to swap my BT login in to a different email address?

Go to solution

I have several active email addresses from BT. Is there a way to select one of them to be my 'BT Login' rather than the one I set up years ago?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is there a way to swap my BT login in to a different email address?

Go to solution

Hi @Stephen5000, Are you asking if you can change your BTID login username to a different email address?
If yes, then login in to your BTID and go to 'Your Details' and it will allow you to change the username to another active email address.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you... Can I assume that the 'new username' needs to be another active BT email address, or have I the option of using any valid email address I have?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, any valid email address can be used.

That would have to be the case as BT no longer supply btinternet email addresses to new customers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Stephen5000wrote:

Thank you... Can I assume that the 'new username' needs to be another active BT email address, or have I the option of using any valid email address I have?

I've used a Gmail address ever since BT moved to requiring an email address for BT IS rather than just a username several years ago.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Stephen5000, @licquorice is correct and it just has to be an active email address. 

Cheers

john

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @Stephen5000, @licquoriceis correct and it just has to be an active email address. 

Cheers

john

Must admit, this 'new' procedure seems far simpler than previous, as I tried to do it a few years back, but got lost in the process & gave up! Though at times, I'm not that bright 😁

0 Ratings