cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Linked email accounts

When my wife and I receive the same email if I delete the email it gets deleted automatically from my wife’s email account - how do I stop this? Should I remove my wife’s email address from my account?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Linked email accounts

I suspect you are using an email client/app that you have set up as an IMAP account. This synchronises emails between devices so that if you delete on one device it is deleted from the BT servers and therefore shows as deleted on any other device that accesses that email account.

So the easy way to stop that is to remove her email account from your set up.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

If I remove her email account from my set up are you 100% sure her email will continue to work and I am not inadvertently deleting her account.

Thanks for your advice.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I have assumed that your wife has a different email account/address to yours. Is that correct?

How are you accessing your email and hers. Is it with an email client/app or when using a web browser. 

How does she access her email and does she also have access to her email.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

When you say your wife's 'email account' do you mean a different email address to you or simply the same email address on a different device?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Yes my wife has a different email address from me. I access my mail through the MAIL ICON on my IPad. My wife accesses her mail through the MAIL ICON on her IPhone and her IPad. I very occasionally access my email using the web browser on my IPad.

When I go into my.bt.com and look at my email it tell me that I have set up an email account under friends and family in my wife’s name, it tells me my wife’s email address status is active and when I click on “see options” against my wife’s email address I get the option to “remove from my account” - I think I should click on “remove from my account” however I am worried that this might shut down my wife’s email account.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

No, don't do that.

I have no idea what is happening however, as there is no connection between the 2 addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi, @JohnGilco Have all the Apple devices been set up using the same Apple ID? If so they could be linked, I think this might be a question for Apple support.

Thanks

Neil

Message 9 of 9

Thanks - will try Apple Support

0 Ratings