cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

@Sue036 wrote:
It get dozens of emails every day where I just need to click a link to take an action or review some info and then I'm done, close tab, delete email. So now I need to right click the link, select an option, look for the new tab in my browser, select it, take an action or review some info, close the tab, go back to my email tab, find the email again and delete it. I only have one life, haha!

Life is so much easier with a proper mail client. Web browsers were never intended for email!!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 175

Go to solution

I was about to post this exact question! In 25 years on clicking an email link, it has always popped up a new tab, this morning it simply uses my existing WebEmail tab so I lose access to email unless I do scroll backs to return! Anyone find a solution yet as it is REALLY annoying!! Oh, does it in FireFox, Chrome,  & Brave so not a browser specific issue...

Message 13 of 175

Go to solution

I do not want to use an email client because I access my emails from multiple devices and whenever I've used an email client on a PC I have ended up with a mismatch between what can be seen on each device. Also, a PC stuffed full of emails that I have to get rid of somehow when the PC dies! I find it much simpler to leave everything on the email server and access it from there.

I do not know why my mouse wheel is not clickable. We have another M185 in the household and that one is clickable. Think it's a hardware issue as the wheel doesn't move in the same way as the other M185. No idea how long I've had it, but it has never been clickable - maybe it's just too old? Currently waiting for Logitech support to contact me ...

Message 14 of 175

Go to solution

@Sue036wrote:

I do not want to use an email client because I access my emails from multiple devices and whenever I've used an email client on a PC I have ended up with a mismatch between what can be seen on each device. Also, a PC stuffed full of emails that I have to get rid of somehow when the PC dies! I find it much simpler to leave everything on the email server and access it from there.

I do not know why my mouse wheel is not clickable. We have another M185 in the household and that one is clickable. Think it's a hardware issue as the wheel doesn't move in the same way as the other M185. No idea how long I've had it, but it has never been clickable - maybe it's just too old? Currently waiting for Logitech support to contact me ...

Well said! Not everyone wants an email client for exactly the reasons you state! I use a laptop with a 'touchpad', so, I've tried holding down the Ctrl button and tapping the touchpad to force a link to open a new tab - it doesn't work...

I am waiting for no one to contact me, but would love an update from BT on why this has never been an issue before today, what have you done??

Message 15 of 175

Go to solution

@Sue036 wrote:

If you configure the clients as IMAP, everything will be in sync on as many devices as you like and the mail will all be held on the server. But feel free to keep eating soup with a fork 😄

Message 16 of 175

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@Sue036wrote:

If you configure the clients as IMAP, everything will be in sync on as many devices as you like and the mail will all be held on the server. But feel free to keep eating soup with a fork 😄

The only reason that we have to use a fork, is that is what BT supplies us with! There is nothing inherently wrong with WebMail if they could just organise it to work. It use to work perfectly 2 years ago before they adopted it, and threw out the Yahoo model it was based on...

Message 17 of 175

Go to solution

As I keep repeating, web browsers (as the name suggests) are for browsing the web. Mail clients (as the name suggests) are for handling email. Hotmail has a lot to answer for, until they came along there was no webmail.

I won't convince you and you won't convince me otherwise.

You won't see any corporate webmail systems, they know the most efficient way to deal with email.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 175

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

As I keep repeating, web browsers (as the name suggests) are for browsing the web. Mail clients (as the name suggests) are for handling email. Hotmail has a lot to answer for, until they came along there was no webmail.

You won't see any corporate webmail systems, they know the most efficient way to deal with email.

Not entirely true. Yes, 'corporate' email is often on a dedicated email client - in the office. But I have worked for a few companies that offered the option of using specific 'WebMail' versions for when office access was not available...

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 175

Go to solution

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

Not entirely true. Yes, 'corporate' email is often on a dedicated email client - in the office. But I have worked for a few companies that offered the option of using specific 'WebMail' versions for when office access was not available...

Generally speaking any time a company's network gets opened up to the outside world, it also potentially gets opened up to new security risks. While corporate webmail can be a convenient service to offer employees, it has drawbacks. Even if it doesn't compromise your company's network, it still can lead to the employees to leaving sensitive information on other computers.

Webmail makes it easy for workers to access email but it also makes it easy for criminals to access the company email system. Once they hack into it, they can read the company's emails or send email using the company's accounts.

There are many more security issues with a company allowing employees to use webmail so most, perhaps not all don't allow it. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 175

Go to solution

@Stephen5000  @Sue036 Interesting. I've just held my nose and tested opening a link in webmail and it opens in a new tab with a single left click for me. Webmail version 2.27.1 in Firefox.