cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

Does middle button clicking force a new tab for links that open in the same tab when left clicking?

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 175

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Does middle button clicking force a new tab for links that open in the same tab when left clicking?

No, it makes no difference 'middle' clicking, or holding down CTRL button whilst clicking, it just uses same tab.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 175

Go to solution

Hi Sue

It's not just you, the same thing has started happening to me. Very annoying.

Unfortunately I can't offer a solution - I came across your message looking for one 😃.

Perhaps BT might get around to fixing it?  Don't hold your breath.

Bill

Message 34 of 175

Go to solution

BT have definitely been fettering around with WebEmail. Now, often when writing an email, the screen just freezes when typing, but after about 10 seconds it unfreezes showing the interim typed text, so it recognises the input of you typing but just doesn't show it. A total random phenomena and unrepeatable, but simply annoying LOL

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 175

Go to solution

No problems whatsoever with MS Outlook 2010 😃😃😃

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 175

Go to solution

I've had the same problem for the last couple of days.  It's frustrating because I keep having to open a new browser,  and then remember to delete the email I was looking at, although I don't have to re-log in.  I've not changed my settings, or been notified of any changes by BT.   OK, it's not a major issue, but it's irritating.   I can't find any way of re-setting my preferences for this.  If I click the wheel in the middle of my mouse, it only displays up and down arrows by the way.  I'll try a right-click, but I don't feel I should have to remember to do this every time.  Reading these replies, people seem to either suddenly have the same problem, or not to be bothered by it, so it could be BT - please sort it out, BT!

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 175

Go to solution

@PSP1wrote:

... Reading these replies, people seem to either suddenly have the same problem, or not to be bothered by it, so it could be BT - please sort it out, BT!

There is no such thing as a coincidence. To have many of us post here with the exact same issue, that started at the exact same time, all points to a source issue from BT, who have been very noticeable in their absence on this thread! Of course, as @licquorice keeps pointing out every time, those who don't use WebMail don't have these issues. But like we always say to him, just because we all have our own reasons for using WebMail, shouldn't mean we get a second rate service!

Message 38 of 175

Go to solution

Hi Everyone, thanks for spotting and reporting this to us. 

I've checked with our email experts and they've been able to replicate this issue. They are working to put a fix in place for the next update. In the meantime please right click on the link and select 'Open in new tab'

Thanks

John

Message 39 of 175

Go to solution

Same here.  Firefox is set up for me to default that click on hyperlink = new tab.  

Without warning, yesterday BT have overriden this in the web email browser to open in same tab. 

Actually in one advertising email, depending on where I click, some parts open in new tab, others open in same tab.  

So if it has opened in same tab, when I click BACK, it doesn't take me back to the original email, but back to the list of emails.

I want to open link in new tab, close new tab once I've read it, then delete email if appropriate.

Not mess around right clicking to open in new tab. 

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 175

Go to solution

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi Everyone, thanks for spotting and reporting this to us. 

I've checked with our email experts and they've been able to replicate this issue. They are working to put a fix in place for the next update. In the meantime please right click on the link and select 'Open in new tab'

Thanks

John

Great response John, thank you for reporting this back to us. It's good that when a fault is discovered, the email team can not only replicate it, but promise a future fix. Looking forward to the next email update...