cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Missing email address given to Friend & Family.

Go to solution

I can't find an email address that I have given Friend and Family.

Over the years I have given three email addresses to Friends and Family.

When I review the list ‘Manage your email', the screen says I have given Friends and Family three email addresses (which I have) but only two of the three appear.

Given to friends_Family email addresses screen_01.jpg

There should be third one p*t*****d@btinternet.com. This address was originally listed as @btopenworld, and probably before was an @hotmail address but I cannot remember for certain.

Going to the ‘Can’t find an email address’ help link doesn't give any help with this problem at all!

Is there a way to find it?

The user has forgotten the password and there seems no way to get a new password for the specific accounts that have been given to Friends and Family even if the email address is listed. Only a 'Remove from my account' option is available.

Given to friends_Family email addresses screen.jpg

Colin.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missing email address given to Friend & Family.

Go to solution

If you have gifted the email account to a family or friend you would not be able to manage it or change the password. Only the recipient of the gifted email account would be able to do that via their MyBT which they would/should have set up when they accepted the gifted account.

When BT moved away from Yahoo to BTMail the email account may have become disassociated from your BT Broadband account hence the reason why you can not find it listed.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Many Thanks for the prompt reply, I will await a post from the moderators.
Colin
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @colpatben, welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts.

We'll be happy to help you resolve the problem with the missing email address. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @colpatben,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

I am very happy that we were able to get the accounts reset and get everything set up as it should be.

Should you ever need help, please, reach out to us here and we will do all we can to help you.

Have a great evening,

DanielS

0 Ratings