cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: My inbox won’t load

Once I go into 'account settings', do I use the option under, 'account actions', then simply 'remove account'?

If so, is my next stage to go under, 'File', ''New', then start, 'get a new mail account'? Then proceed to add a BT IMAP account?

Sorry to appear so stupid, but it's probably very close to the truth! 😁

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Yes. 

Message 23 of 27

@gg30340wrote:

Yes. 

One final question (hopefully). It looks like TBird will be able to automatically format my BT IMAP new account. Do you know if I leave it to do it's stuff on 'automatic', will it definitely leave my original emails on server, or would I need to manually configure it to ensure it does? (I want emails left on server)

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

If you are setting it up as an IMAP account it will always leave the emails on the server until you delete either from within T'bird or webmail.

If you are setting it up as a POP3 account again then it should default to leave on the server once downloaded.

If you want to you can set it up manually and you would have to enter the settings etc your self but as long as you are sure it is an IMAP account I would just leave it to the automatic set up.

Message 25 of 27

@gg30340wrote:

If you are setting it up as an IMAP account it will always leave the emails on the server until you delete either from within T'bird or webmail.

If you are setting it up as a POP3 account again then it should default to leave on the server once downloaded.

If you want to you can set it up manually and you would have to enter the settings etc your self but as long as you are sure it is an IMAP account I would just leave it to the automatic set up.

I just wanted to thank you publicly for giving me the confidence to reconfigure TBird. I set it up many years ago using the POP3 protocol, as I didn't know any better. It has always been of limited use to me as it only ever synced my 'INBOX', none of my sub-folders, or indeed, my 'sent' folder. IMAP is an eye opener.

It took almost 12 hours to fully sync, which I suppose isn't unreasonable for a 30+ year old account, and in excess of 200,000 messages now including sub folders and sent folder!

I can see it becoming much more usable now, and though I'll still frequently use WebMail, it has given me another option. I love the novelty of seeing all my folders replicated! Again, thank you...

inbox download.jpg

Message 26 of 27

Eureka!!!! A convert 😀😀

Message 27 of 27

At last a possible convert! Glad you finally got it sorted.