cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: NatWest Reward Account. NatWest are blaming BT for a failure of emails

Go to solution

@gg30340 

Sorry but no. I had to delete cookies before the warning message would go away. I had logged out of google.  Maybe its just my browser - who knows? That is what happened. Maybe the deleting cookies was just a coincidence...

FP

PS I was doing this on Firefox on a Linux OS.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

I have just created another gmail account and I never had to remove cookies and it is totally independent from my google account.

Is it possible that you have saved your "main" gmail address in your browser and when you go to log into your google account/email account it opens the "saved password" box and asks if you want to change it to the "new" one you have set up. If that is the case you just close the box that was asking if you want to change it. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

@gg30340 

Ok this is the last time I reply to comments about gmail accounts and cookies, it's distracting from the main issue of rewards vouchers not arriving in btinternet accounts. I would have taken screen shots if I had known at the time.

I don't used saved passwords in browsers - too insecure.

The message was from google and it clearly stated my new gmail address would affect all devices I was logged into. I didn't go ahead with this. I then logged out of google, tried again and got the exact same message.  Maybe it just took time for google to log out and clearing the cookies was all the time it needed. But after clearing the cookies I could create a gmail account independent of my _normal_ google account. This new gmail account has come with a google account as well - nothing I have done, it just has.   If there is something I could have done to stop this from happening, I really don't care.

Ultimately I don't see why a normal person who wants to use a NatWest reward account should need to know about setting up gmail accounts and know about logging out of google - or indeed if clearing cookies is essential or not.  It Should Just Work. If it doesn't it should be fixed. I have talked to both BT and NatWest and apart from today,  not been impressed with the responses I have received.   There still isn't a message on the reward account home page warning about the issue. The Natwest person today said they had raised it to a senior level...I'll not hold my breath.

That's enough for today.

Thanks.

FP

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

@normalblaster  Did you use the Natwest complaint form I placed in this thread.

Natwest were very good and helpful, they refunded my £25 Rewards and gave me unexpected £50 compensation. It took about 3 weeks for their investigation.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

@Dippu 

Yep and submitted on 1st Dec 2023. The honest NatWest person I spoke to today admitted the complaint had not even been assigned to anyone for action.  I was told again that I would not get a refund. I even mentioned your posting here where you said you had got a refund. I was again told refunds are not possible.

...all sounding a familiar these days....

FP

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

@normalblaster 

I have no interest at all whether or not you get a gmail account other than I was trying to assist you and you are correct you should not need to know anything about that but what you do know is that NatWest have informed you that they are aware of the problem with them sending to BT email accounts and as I suggested in message 2 on 28th November 2023 it is up to Natwest to get this sorted out with BT and it is Natwest you should be complaining to because only they will be able to sort that out in conjunction with BT.

I will now happily bow out of your thread and leave you to try and get it sorted out.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

Just for general info on saving passwords!  The National Cyber Security Centre - a gov agency - has really good info and also recommend using a password manager.  See this link (or look at the website if you don’t want to use my link!) -

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/password-managers#

It’s well worth getting their newsletter to keep abreast of new scams.  

Oh and re the voucher codes - I rang NatWest quite a few times and bypassed the auto help by asking to speak to a live person.  Each time they were very helpful and based in the UK and eventually it worked.  Good luck to others.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

@All on the thread who have contributed.

Ok, I now have my voucher for £25, an apology from NatWest and a small compensation payment. I finally got a phone call from someone at NatWest who had to make multiple apologies. They said the issue is still not resolved and btinternet customers are still not getting the vouchers, they also apologised that my formal complaint had taken so long.

I did point them at this thread to gather more information about the failure - I hope that message got through.

So thanks again to everyone on this thread.

I will repeat my warning about gmail accounts: if you have a google account and the primary email is not a gmail address, creating a gmail address while logged in to your google account will replace the primary email with the new gmail account.  This could mess up your phone [and any device you are logged into] if you are using android and are logged in with that google account.  To create a completely independent email address, log out of google.  And I know people on this thread will say this is wrong and you shouldn't need to do it, but I had to clear cookies before I was fully logged out of google [when using Firefox on a linux OS].

Share and Enjoy

FP

0 Ratings