cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 86

Re: New BT Email format

@LizCarlislewrote:

Then why hasn't BT sent out an email telling it's users what action it's taking?

There are many BT email users who have no issue whatsoever with the system, and many more, don't care. It's like when Ford updates it's software on cars, they don't inform every Ford owner, they wait till you get your car serviced, or if you're an enthusiast, car forums will inform you of such. If we were to be informed of every upgrade/modification that companies made to their systems, we'd be overwhelmed...

Message 52 of 86

@LizCarlisle wrote:
this message was cut and pasted from BT's own site

The web page has obviously not been updated but as I said even if that was still the case that you had to order it, why on earth wouldn't you do that at the time of leaving if you wanted to retain your email account! 

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 86

I have just gone onto WebMail for the 1st time in ages. I have several addresses I use, my primary is now all handled by ThunderBird, but others are still WebMail - what a disaster!! On typing a response to an email, I was 2 sentences in before I noticed there was nothing coming up onscreen, then after waiting another couple of minutes, the text all appeared at once. How are you meant to use that as an email application?? Seems like I'm back moaning, as I'm use to doing with WebMail LOL

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 86

@Stephen5000 

Add all your email addresses to Thunderbird and save your self the hassle of webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 86

@gg30340wrote:

Add all your email addresses to Thunderbird and save your self the hassle of webmail.

I was thinking that 😃 Will have to do a bit of Googling to see how easy it is, I don't want to screw up my 'primary' address which is working flawlessly...

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 86

It is as easy as adding the first account. 

Message 57 of 86

But if I do, I'll have no reason to come back to this forum, and I kinda like it LOL

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 86

You could always come back to try to help others with problems.

Message 59 of 86

Same problem for me, at the end of May.

Can BT not do something about it?

I am thinking of going to another server because of the problems with sending emails.

These are the most important thing I do online.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 86

I have a likely silly question! One of my email addresses migrated to vMX3.5.0 this morning. On the top tab it indicates that I have 1 unread email. I have searched my inbox thoroughly, and I haven't. I do have one unread email in a sub folder which I have marked as 'unread' to remind me of something, but even when I go to this email, and mark it as read, my tab still indicates one unread email. What is my tab referring to?

EDIT

Logged out and back in again, it sorted itself!