cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 58

Re: New Email Format Keeps Blocking Images

Go to solution

Totally agree - I have had problems with images not showing (although permanently set to Allow all images and this doesn't change), formatting, change of font in incoming emails and home screen so smaller and harder to read, change in line spacing in outgoing emails, etc etc.  All since the rollout of the new email.  How can a company of BT's size implement such changes without proper testing?  There's no way this was tested properly by competent users and passed as fit for the whole user community!

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 58

Go to solution

Same for me... every time I open an email I have to click "show image".  It is infuriating.  I have tried all suggestions in this thread but to no avail.

For what its worth, it is just the same whether I am in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 58

Go to solution

Well everything was OK for 5 days, then this morning I'm back to the same old nonsense.

Ironically, the first email I opened where the images were blocked was the one from BT telling me how once again they're increasing prices by 3.9% above inflation.

Great - I get a **bleep** service AND have to pay more for it.

Time for me to start looking for another service provider I think.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 58

Go to solution

Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies and closing your browser and when you next go to the BT site you should/will be offered to accept or reject cookies for the BT web page.

Reject/ refuse all cookies, the site will work without them and it may resolve the Blocking Images problem.

I always reject cookies and my Images selection has stayed as I selected from when I was first moved over to the new system. 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 58

Go to solution

Hi gg30340,

Yes!  I tried that out last night and it worked.  It is still working this morning.  I think you have solved my problem.  Hopefully it will stay fixed for more than five days (Oddbodkin's message referred).

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 58

Go to solution
I spent a frustrating hour on the Live Chat trying to sort this 2 days ago. During this time I was passed between 3 different operators, each one wanting me to explain the problem again. One suggested a remedy which was for MS Edge even though I said I was using Google Chrome. In the end I gave up.

If the problem is mentioned on this forum, then surely BT must be aware of it, and have sent a note to their Help Team to let them know it's under investigation. The fact that their Help Team are not aware suggests it's not much of a priority to BT.

The 'clear all cookies' panacea seems more of a desperate grasp to fix the problem rather than a known solution. Others comments that it doesn't work seem to back this up. I refuse to clear all cookies as the amount of work it creates is not worth it, especially if it doesn't resolve the issue.

Like others, i've had all sorts of issue with the new Mail Format. Different styles being used, images being blocked, unable to use it with various wi-fi providers, and alleged attempts to hack my email requiring me to change my password. The last item usually happens when i'm abroad and using a wi-fi network.

Like others, i've just received notification of another price hike in my Broadband package.

It really is time BT sorted this out. Would Offcom be interested in it?
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 58

Go to solution

@eurostardriver 

BT are well aware of the problems with the BTMail system and the are working on fixes for it. This has been posted on the forum by the forum moderators who are the only BT staff on this forum.

The delete cookies is NOT a fix and was never intended to be one. It was a work around that was posted to try and assist users until such time as BT roll out the fixes and it is entirely up to you whether or not you want to do that.

There are also other "work arounds" posted and again it is entirely up to you if you choose to use them or not.

As regards Ofcom, they do not regulate email services.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 58

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply.

The Moderator comments are over a month old, and they suggested clearing cookies.

If they know the new webpage isn't up to the job, let us revert to the old page until it is.

It still doesn't explain why the Help Team haven't been briefed on this issue. That would save time and effort for everyone when trying to resolve the issue if they said it's a known fault and we are working to try to resolve it.

It's still a very poor show by BT and makes you wonder how they can justify the CPI + 3.9% increase in prices.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 58

Go to solution

Had you read the main BT Webmail feedback thread you would have found a more recent update from the moderator as shown below.

gg30340_0-1710016878711.png

gg30340_1-1710016878713.gif

Community Manager
Message 593 of 688
Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Hi - I've been working with our internal teams on this side to improve the line of communication on Webmail updates. 

Our teams have been working through feedback and comments from this thread. We have a list of 38 customisations and improvements that are currently with software development teams and will be released following full testing. I'll share an update with dates as soon as we have one. 

It was important we completed the move to keep our email platform secure and up to date, so it can support the latest software, while also fixing some known issues.

We’re sorry if you’ve experienced issues with the new version.  We appreciate and have been listening to your feedback. 

As I do not work for BT I have no idea why the Help Team haven't been briefed on this issue if indeed that is the case. Perhaps you could contact BT and endeavour to find that out and when you do post the reply back here.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 58

Go to solution

Thank you again Distinguished Sage.

I'm new to this forum, so am not aware of any other threads concerning this item. As there are 688 messages in the one you mention, you'll appreciate it may take some time to first find the thread, and then read all of it. Up until now I was only aware of the discussion in this thread.

As mentioned previously, I have tried to contact BT, but gave up after being passed around between different people in the (non)Help Team.

Is there anything anything I should know about this issue as you seem to know a great deal about it yourself?

Cut the patronising **bleep** please.

Thank you.

0 Ratings