cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New Email?

I've been getting a facing screen telling me about new email for some time now.  The log on procedure has changed slightly and the little eye allowing you to see your password has vanished.

I do not know whether this 'change' means I'm now on the new email or not, and I'm asking because I can't log on to my email when using my phone or my laptop (I normally use a desktop).  I'm asked to re-enter my password but it comes back saying it doesn't recognise password or User ID.

Is this something that is likely to sort itself out or am I going to have to change password again - and if I do can I be sure that I will then be able to access on my other devices.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Email?

I have the same problem with my desktop PC. Hope you don't mine me asking but what version of windows are you using. I was warned a few months ago I might have problems as my PC is steam powered W7 and the new Email requires at least W10 but maybe only W11. So much for not adding to the e-waste mountain, looks like I have to throw out my still working PC, and buy a whole new set up just because of the BT update. Unfortunately, I don't have any other devices I can use as I only want and need a PC.  It's going to take me at least a week and not even sure I'll be able to log in when I've spent loads of dosh.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

No need to change your PC or operating system, just install the free email client Thunderbird or EmClient.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I'm on Win10, one of the few PC's that CAN'T be upgraded to Win11.  The laptop is also Win10, the phone, a Motorola G8 is 3yrs. 6 months old.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the info, not sure what they are or how to do that or how they work, I've always used a website em such as BT I'll have to do some research.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for the info. I'm not technically minded but it seems you have the required programmes. Hope one of the techie Admins can help, if not, may I suggest you click on the tech help link in the email help pages and have an online chat with the system. It's helped me a couple of times over the years.
Message 7 of 11

To use Thunderbird, simply download it from here https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/ (click on the Windows 64 bit download), install it by clicking on the downloaded file. Enter you email address and password when prompted accepting the defaults. Less than 5 minutes and you are up and running.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I'm a bit of a PC numpty, if i start loading up interim apps / progs I'll get in a right stew and my dyslexia will go into overdrive!

What exactly is THUNDERBIRD, and why should I need it now when I didn't before?

All I want is an email service that works when I want it to work.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thunderbird is a mail client.

A mail client is a dedicated program/app for collecting and dealing with email. It is a far superior method of doing so than the bodge of webmail.

Mail clients are designed to handle email, web browsers are designed to handle web pages.

Windows11 comes with New Outlook already installed if you prefer., but Thunderbird is better in my opinion.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, my PC is one of the few that CAN'T be upgraded to Win 11.  It's working fine on the PC, I just can't use it on the phone but the laptop is now working.  Weird.

0 Ratings