cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

New email layout

I am furious with the new email layout. It’s clunky to try and view messages and it refuses to display an image which is a necessary part of my signature. I have no problem with change if the latter results in improvements for consumers, but I would like to hear from BT how they think that this new configuration is better than the previous one.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: New email layout

The image, if it is in your signature, should be displayed at the recipients end.

Images are turned off by default as a security enhancement. If you want to turn it back on you can do that.

Be aware that if you do turn automatic image loading this will allow senders who know how to, to be able to know your location, your Internet service provider or mobile company. The device you used to open the email and the operating system you’re using along with the web browser you’re using. If you are using and email client, the email client you’re using.

And should it be an email with an image from a spammer the spammer would know that the email address is active and could of course decide to send more spam or phishing emails to that email address. 

To turn it back on log onto your email account and go to the "Settings" found by clicking on your username at the top right hand side. Then go to "Mail" in the left hand column and go to "Block Images" and select the option that you want and click "Save"

Be selective which option you do use if you do turn it back on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

I’m afraid the image is not shown at recipient’s end. I’ve emailed myself and it’s not visible.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

and have you allowed images at your end?

Message 5 of 14

How do you do that please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Read message 2.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Just checked - I have allowed images. This is rediculous.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

When you check your signature in the settings is the image there?

The maximum size for an image/contents in a signature is 1KB which is basically nothing.

I will highlight this to the moderators to pass onto the email team to see if they can increase the size that is allowed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi @prose and @gg30340,

Thank you for highlighting. I'm sorry the image isn't displaying in the signature. The email team is looking to increase the maximum image size in the next release.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 10 of 14

Yes, the image shows under my signature in settings. But as you point out the 1KB limit prohibits such an addition. It's really absurd and appears to assume that all email users make communications which are solely informal and personal. I do not fall into that category.

0 Ratings