cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

New webmail: Automatic ticking of emails selected - how do you turn this off?

Go to solution

Every time I click on an email it selects it with a tick.  I am constantly unticking the emails I have read but can't find anywhere to switch this off.

I should add that this only happens if you use a preview pane.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: New webmail: Automatic ticking of emails selected - how do you turn this off?

Go to solution

You can not turn it off because you have selected the email and it is open in the preview pane.

You need to untick it so that it closes the email that is in the preview pane and this then allows you to select your next email that you want to show in the preview pane. 

I find the best option is to have no preview pane.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: New webmail: Automatic ticking of emails selected - how do you turn this off?

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't like this previously and if you then select another email to read, both are then ticked so I am constantly unticking.

Please sort it out BT!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I think this has been fixed now (not by anything I did) thank you BT!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Mine is still doing it. I spend half my life retreiving emails I need from trash.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

It happens to me also and not using a preview pane.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Spoke to a BT Help Desk. Told me to click on settings , top right on email page, then click on mail and untick 'View next mail after delete'.
Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Click on the tick next to it and then click save.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

A little confused, I unticked the box in settings and email so not sure what this other message means?

0 Ratings