cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Nightmare adding email account to Apple devices

Go to solution

My iPad, now running iOS 17.2, no longer offers an IMAP choice.  It goes straight to a POP set up, no mention of IMAP.  My account in Outlook on my desktop says it is running in IMAP.  I've deleted and reinstalled on the iPad several times - restarting each time.  There is nowhere to put in the outcoing 465 port number.

Any ideas?   

Geoff

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Read messages 2 and 18

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

@SimonJones 

Great tip - putting in the wrong password does bring back the IMAP option.  I have my iPhone and iPad back IMAPing.  Still not found the port option box but the system seem to have worked that out for itself.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Hi I had the same issue, all working ok before then all of a sudden won't let me send email. Did the same steps and rebooted the phone, re-created the account etc but still getting emails stuck in my outbox. Still getting the Cannot Send Mail message however, the username or password for [my email] ..." error.

I've changed my password before thinking it might have been a complexity issue. Nope. Able to receive emails ok and send on other devices. 

Have checked and double checked outgoing mail server settings

hostname: mail.binternet.com
Use SSL: Yes
Authentication: Password (other options only available are MD5 Challenge-response, NTLM or HTTP MD5 Digest)
Server Port: 465

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

The key is to delete the account and when you recreate put a incorrect password to allow you to set the correct imps details

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Hi have gone in and and manually changed them, thought it was sorted but still getting intermittent issues. Defo a problem still, never have any issues with emails being sent using my iCloud account,

0 Ratings