cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 46

Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

This new issue has appeared within the past week.

Sender is a safe sender who regularly sents mails to me and multiple recipients using M client.

Sender, subject show as blank, whole message converted to plain text. Attachment, where present removed.

I normally view e-mail using outlook but this problem is with webmail as well - tried using Chrom and Edge, same issue.

Problem does not appear if same message is sent to outlook via Gmail.

I've spoken to a friend on the same list with a btinternet address - he has just started experincing hte same problem.

I've spoken to the originator who says he hasn't changed anything.

Problem is now appearing from another multi address sender.

Any ideas? BT software upgrade perhaps?

Thanks

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46

Re: Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

Morning @CharlesH 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I have sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Leanne 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 46

Re: Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

I have exactly the same problem.  Again, person sends regular email to multiple people. Email received on 19/8 in HTML, email received on 21/8 in plain text

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 46

Hi @Boyd 

I have sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Leanne 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 46

No pm received?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 46

Could you check again now for me please? @Boyd 

Leanne 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 46

I have the same problem with emails from someone who regularly corresponds with me now showing No sender and no subject and the email virtually unintelligible. I use an Apple computer, but don't know if it is to do with their software. It shows up the same on the BT email site as on the Apple inbox, both on my laptop and phone. Others receiving the same email (as part of a group) don't seem have this problem. The sender says that she isn't aware that she has been hacked.

Ideas please.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 46

The group email I get has the same as you but only for btinternet addresses.  Person sending group email has sent an email to just the (10) btinternet addresses and it comes through fine. Looks like BT has a problem when emails have multiple isp's.  They have passed issue to 'technical'

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 46

Hello,

The group email that I normally receive weekly has over a hundred recipients, so there will be multiple addresses. I haven't had a problem when the sender sends me an individual email. 

I hope that "technical" can identify the problem, as I want to continue to receive these weekly emails.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 46

As with davidym, I also am in the same situation with emails containing multiple recipients but don't have an issue when the sender sends to it me personally.

I hope that BT will advise us when they have fixed this glitch!

0 Ratings