cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sending e-mails

Go to solution

I can receive e-mails but cannot receive them. I have checked the account settings. The IMAP is ok but SMTP is not. It seems there is mismatch. Is it something to do with the port number?  Please advise how to fix this

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sending e-mails

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email account through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above your email account will now be a BTMail Basic account and this can not be used with and email client/app.

The correct settings are as per this link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for quick answer. I have reviewed settings as suggested. But Both IMAP and SMTP show "Security Policy" instead of SSL Encryption. "Enabled" not an option. Currently set on "Use SSL/TLS on special port legacy". Also cannot enter "PLAIN" on SMTP Authentication. Please advise how I can proceed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@michaelcompton080646 wrote:
Please advise how I can proceed.

Enquire with your Mail client provider.

Also, you didn't answer the question regarding whether you are a BT broadband customer,  paying for premium mail or neither.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply; apologies for not answering this question.
We have only the basic package - no Broadband or Premium e-mail
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Then, as posted in message2, you will be unable to use a mail client to access your mail. It is only available via webmail 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

BTMail Basic does not work with either email clients or email apps.

If you want that you will have to pay £7.50 per month for a BT Premium email account or become a BT Broadband customer.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

0 Ratings