cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Setting Up Group Emails

Before BT changed to its new BT had had several group emails set up for the different groups that I attend, but I can no longer set up my group emails as before.  Does anyone have any idea how I can please?

Thank you in advance.

Heather

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Setting Up Group Emails

If you want to set up a group of contacts, then it hasn't changed.

Simply click on 'Contacts' on the main header, then on the top left of your contacts list there should be a drop down menu called 'New'.

Click on 'New' and choose 'New Contact Group', call it whatever you need to and then add your required contacts.

To send a group email then simply just use the contact group name.

You will find many previous posts about it like these here for starters....

BT EMAIL: How do I simply send a message to all contacts in the address book?

Email a group and as bcc

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you very much.  I will try that.

Regards,

Heather

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Be aware that the links posted above are on the older email system. To use the Group Contacts on the new email sytem there is presently a problem.

As a work around, the only way to send to a distribution group is to actually click on the word TO or CC or BBC and locate the group in the address book which will open when you click on TO etc.

gg30340_0-1711804543286.jpeg

Distribution groups don’t show in the left hand menu on contacts they are all mixed in with your regular contacts.  

To add them to an email select the Group in your contacts list as per the above then click on the "Send Mail" icon at the top of the box that opened showing the Group or if you start to compose a new email you can click on the word "To" and this will open a drop down box with all your contacts and groups in it. Just select the one you want by clicking on it the click on the "Select" button. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you Sage for your response and your instructions.  I will try setting up a group email later.

Yes, there is a fault setting up Group Email with the new email system.

How do we report it to the BT IT Section?  If it is not reported how would they know that their customers are fed up with the change for the worst?  Can I please leave it to you who are more technical-minded that I am?

Much appreciated.

Heather

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

BT are fully aware of the problems.

Have read through the following threads that are the first two threads in the email section of the forum.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Webmail-Work-Arounds/td-p/2353424

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Webmail-migration-update/td-p/2348407

Message 7 of 8

Thank you Sage for the links.  They were very helpful.

I didn't realise that the spacing etc., etc., that I was encountering were all part of the new Email that wasn't working properly.  It is just as well that I reach out the the Community and there are people like yourself out there.  You would have thought that BT would have sent out an email to its customers informing them that they knew of the faults and were dealing with them and also giver out information on how to work around them. Instead BT customers were left to just get on with it.  We should all be entitled to a free month of non-payment for the inconvenience caused.

I am not amused BT.

Let's hope that BT gets on fix these annoyances.

Anyhow, thank you Sage again.  I have copied the text for ease of reference in the hope that it helps until BT fixes the gremlins in its software.

Heather

Heather

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The easiets way I discovered just now.  Go to an e-mail where all your Group has been circuktade. Go More and you'll see an option "Set up Group" or similar

0 Ratings