unable to log into bt emails , just keep getting nowhere

Go to solution

why does this keep happening 

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 105

Re: Unable to log in to email - Help!

Go to solution

@MartinRowe57 wrote:

Ongoing since 14:40. Surely you have an idea what the problem is?

The problem is that you can not log onto your email!

What does it matter as long as BT are dealing with it as quickly as possible.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 105

Go to solution

Got the same problem, trying to log in to my e-mails, but no menu at the top of the bt.com home page like there normally is, really frustrating. I can get in via my mobile but that automatically signs me in, but still annoying

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 105

Security Failure?

Go to solution

Hi,

I just got a security failure on https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai... Which should just be the BT Email login page. It's a shortcut on the Firefox home page, based on frequency of use. I'm using Firefox under Windows 10. I don't think that should happen. BT are not going to get their certificate wrong. I've seen this with old Android versions, but it's a bit early to close the door on Windows 10.

In short, I think something is wrong. However, I doubt any other links in the chain would talk to me about it. Mozilla? Microsoft? I may try later.

I have made the link work and I have not seen any bad consequences, so far. So, currently this is just a weirdness, but I thought I should report it somewhere.

Cheers,

C.J.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 105

Go to solution

Google Chrome reports.

"This server could not prove that it is home.bt.com; its security certificate is from bt.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection"

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 105

Re: Unable to log in to email, bt sport, bt cloud or mybt

Go to solution

Looks like it's a feature. www.bt.com now redirects to home.gotham.bt.com and I see the following. Thanks BT !

Screenshot at 2022-07-20 19-35-55.png

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 105

Go to solution

Hi Mods.

ll ask again, ignoring what others have said.

This issue has been ongoing since 14:40. Saying you are "looking into it" is a little weak. Perhaps you'd like to shed some light on this problem?

I can not access sites that require 2-factor authentication via email (eg banking), as I can not log in to my email account. One of the first posts concerned someone who IIRC needed email to complete a property transaction?

C'mon, fess up and say what the issue is

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 105

Go to solution

looks like the BT.com security certificate has either expired or has become corrupted, seen that before

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 105

Go to solution
You should still be able to use an email client to get to (some of) your emails. Problem I have is their over enthusiastic spam filter, I need to logon to BT email and mark some received emails as "not spam" and "from safe sender" before my email client can see the emails. And to do that I need to logon from a browser.
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 105

Go to solution

you could login from an ipad or iphone using IMAP and see the Junk mail folder. You can then access it

0 Ratings