cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Unable to open emails in the new system

Go to solution

I cannot get into my emails, even though I click on them. What occurs is that the colour box to the left registers a tick, followed by nothing. I can reply to them, but am unable to read them without replying. This change happened over-night, and no instructions have been received about what I have to do to open my emails.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unable to open emails in the new system

Go to solution

You can turn off the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

By clicking on the "coloured" box all you are doing is selecting the email in order to do some other action.

If you want to open it you need to click once on the text of the email in the list of emails or if you want it to open in its own page you need to double click on the text.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I don't like the colour box, but that is not the problem, which is that neither single clicking nor double clicking on the text in the list of emails has any effect. The only way I can open them is by selecting reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Try clicking on the senders name.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I've done that, too, with no result.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

What operating system and what browser are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Microsoft Edge

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I am using Edge and it opens emails in the way I have described.

Can you try logging out of your email account then clear the history and cookies from your browser then close and reopen the browser and then log back on to your email account and try opening an email.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It worked! Thank you so much

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

I to are having the same issues - Takes more than one click to open / read emails; when opened after multiple clicks the page does not open in a full page. I also find the poor changes have slowed the system considerably. Not a good move BT.

0 Ratings