cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 98

new email format

Go to solution

I now have the new email format which has been advertised for some weeks and I do not like it!

When composing a message or replying to one received, I can no longer see it full screen. There is now only - or x in the top left-hand corner of the screen.

Having opened a particular message in my inbox I then want to go back and view the next one  when I click on inbox I am taken to the start of the inbox and not, as in most databases, to the previous massage I opened.

The coloured squares in list of messages in inbox serve no useful purpose.

The BT advertising box on the righthand side of the screen is an annoyance!

Not good BT. Try again!

97 REPLIES 97
Message 2 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

Totally agree with your comments.

Not impressed at all. 

Another niggle, images not automatically being displayed despite "setting" set.  

BT should do better 

Message 3 of 98

Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

@heenebeachwrote:

I now have the new email format which has been advertised for some weeks and I do not like it!
When composing a message or replying to one received, I can no longer see it full screen. There is now only - or x in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
Having opened a particular message in my inbox I then want to go back and view the next one  when I click on inbox I am taken to the start of the inbox and not, as in most databases, to the previous massage I opened.
The coloured squares in list of messages in inbox serve no useful purpose.
The BT advertising box on the righthand side of the screen is an annoyance!
Not good BT. Try again!

I've always liked the double-click, new window option. I guess no more ? If you want a temporary new window alternative: print-2-pdf, and delete subsequently, works. I know, a work around, not perfect ?

The simpler format makes BT Mail compatible with more devices. BT Mail is a free-service; so, BT can realign it's software any time it's applicable.
TTS.gif

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 98

TRY THIS FIX ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

It appears that I've managed to get 'double-click / new-window' functioning, as follows:-

1. Highlight the required email, and rapidly click on it, until the new window opens.
(RAPID CLICKING, OPENS THE NEW WINDOW).

It works on my current spec, daily driver W10, SSD. It also works on my 15-yo, re-blown W10, ancient internals.

GIVE IT A GO ¦ WORKS-4-ME !
HORAY250.gif

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 98

Re: TRY THIS FIX ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

I wish it was possible to change the background colour from essentially white to something darker.

Message 6 of 98

Go to solution

@heenebeach wrote:

When composing a message or replying to one received, I can no longer see it full screen. There is now only - or x in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Not ideal but you can slightly increase the size by selecting full screen by pressing Fn F11 keys 

The coloured squares in list of messages in inbox serve no useful purpose. They can be turned off in the settings, Click on your username at the top right then select settings and go to "mail" in the left hand column then general settings untick the box "Show avatar in message list". then click "Save".

The BT advertising box on the righthand side of the screen is an annoyance! This has been brought up many times. Don't hold your breath for it to be fully removed.

Not good BT. Try again!

Message 7 of 98

Go to solution

@Bartonboy wrote:

Totally agree with your comments.

Not impressed at all. 

Another niggle, images not automatically being displayed despite "setting" set.  If you changed the default setting to one of the other image display setting make sure you have selected one that will display images from emails that you are happy with ie from your "Contacts only" or "Allow all except spam" and make sure you click "Save".

BT should do better 

Message 8 of 98

Go to solution

Thank you, followed your advise and all sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 98

Re: Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

Since when is BT email a free service? It comes as part of the Broadband package and if you switch to another ISP but want to keep your BT email address you do in theory have to pay for Premium email.

Nobody likes to have to adapt to a different system. What annoys me is that although BT flagged up the pending change weeks in advance, when it deployed the changes it did not see fit to send out any communications about the changes to even point to the web page where such information might be found. This is just corporate arrogance. 

I agree about the annoying adverts. As soon as you shrink it the next action makes it restore.  This is just b*****y annoying.

When it was being tested did nobody notice that words at the end of lines in some emails are being split instead of being moved to the next line.

I do like the new Exit arrow within an email and putting the scrolling arrows up at the top of the email rather than have to root around the email to make them appear as before. The Refresh button seems to be greyed out all the time so not quite sure what that is for now.

Message 10 of 98

Re: Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

If you have BT broadband, you don't pay extra to have email. Ergo it is a free add-on service.

Nor do you have to pay for BT mail if you leave, only if you wish to access it via mail clients or apps.

0 Ratings