cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

two-step authentication

I can't access emails due to this flag We've added it, taken it off but we still can't get past this step. All the tech help is doing is "removing" it when it's not even on!   It's the flag that needs removing so I can access emails. This question was posted in 2021and solved but it's archived so I can't read the solution. Any ideas, thanks?

Set up two-step authentication.

Before you can access your email service you’ll need to login with your BTID to enhance your account security with two-step authentication.

Two-step authentication adds an additional layer of protection when you access your account. It’s quick and easy to set-up.

Back to log in with BT ID

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't login to email or my bt

I can log into bt.com but not emails as  the flag below comes up. It's been set up and removed but still can't access my emails. It's been 5 days now and no joy, just going round in circles. Tech Help doesn't seem to grasp what the problem is. I  DON't WANT two-step authentication I just want to get in my emails

Set up two-step authentication.

Before you can access your email service you’ll need to login with your BTID to enhance your account security with two-step authentication.

Two-step authentication adds an additional layer of protection when you access your account. It’s quick and easy to set-up.

Back to log in with BT ID

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

You don't have to have 2 factor authentication, I haven't and have no problem accessing email.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The problem I'm having demands 2 stage after logging in to email before I can proceed past the log in page then when I try to log in to my bt it all just locks up

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I just go round in circles. I log into emails  but before I can read any it tells me to set up 2 step authentication. Even if I do it still doesn't let me in. It does however show a I'm logged into bt.com even though I'm not. I log out from bt.com but when I try to get into emails it's again showing I'm logged into bt.com

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I don't want it but I can't get past the flag telling me to set it up. Even when I've set it up the flag is still there. I remove it and I'm back to square 1- still unable to access emails

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Have you tried resetting the router ? (unplug, have a cup of tea & re-connect)

Worked for me,  & in future I'll be resetting every few weeks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: two-step authentication

Hi @morgan10 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, we are aware of issues with the MyBT at the moment and we're working on a permanent fix. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. Are you able to login to your email directly on the www.bt.com/email website? I'd also recommend clearing your browser cookies and cache as that may help in the meantime.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings