cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

1471 service - unable to delete a message

Go to solution

Hi, I have recently received a notification on 1471, to advise that I was called on a certain date / time etc.  On listening to the notification the only option I am offered is to return the call - option 3 (which I think is a scammer). 1471 does not accept any other option. How do I remove/delete  this please. TIA

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 1471 service - unable to delete a message

Go to solution

@Robnash dialling 1471 tells you the number of the last person that called and gives you the option to return the call by pressing 3.  

If a voicemail has been left you need can dial 1571 to listen to the message and delete it.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks that's exactly what is happening. I don't want to return the call. I just want to delete the notification

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

You can't. Its just a notification of the last number that called you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

That is really annoying cus every time I dial 1471 I get this and not sure if I can get any other legitimate messages for me. What happens if I cancel 1471 and then reinvoke?  Bt needs to stop this happening 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry didn't read your message properly, I didn't phone them, they phoned me and I didn't answer and it went to 1471 with no message just calling details, how can I delete this please ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Robnash wrote:

how can I delete this please ?

Arrange for someone else to call.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Are you sure you mean 1471 & not 1571? 1471 doesn't take messages, it simply tells you the last number that called. You can't delete the last number that called as that would defeat the whole object. I can't see any reason why you would continually dial 1471 in order to be annoyed by this?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

If no one else has called you since this ‘scammer’ called , then ( obviously ) that is the last number that called you ( and that’s what 1471 does , reports the number of the last caller ) , if this numbers mere presence on 1471 is annoying ,and you cannot stop yourself from checking 1471 ,  call yourself from another landline or mobile , that way when you check 1471 the number read back will be the number you called yourself from, that is k until someone else calls you , and that number becomes the ‘last caller’ 

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks and done

0 Ratings