Message 1 of 8

Anyone know which phone/answerphone I now need to buy so that I have in house machine instead of 1571?

my previous BT8500 system appears to have died with digital🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: 1571

Go to solution

Have you connected the BT 8500 base unit to the phone socket, which may be under a sticker, on the back of the BT SH2?

Have you checked the rechargeable batteries in the hand sets they may need changing?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Yes - connected at back of hub.
Batteries functioning on long calls and charging👍🏻
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Any phone you choose you should work.

So what exactly has "died"?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
All you need to do is set up 1571 to answer after more rings than your own answering machine does. Then your own answering machine will answer and record the caller's message before the 1571 system would have done.
Digital voice does not affect the operation of answering machines in any way. I have a quite old BT Decor phone with answering machine and used this for years on my old analogue phone line. It now works just as well on DV, plugged into the back of my Smarthub 2
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Have you checked in hub manager that your phone is showing and active as your existing phone should work in socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks - I’ll look at that in the morning👍🏻
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Usedtoratethem  Are you able to make and receive calls but the the BT 8500 answer machine isn’t working because the 1571 voicemail is picking up the calls?

If yes then you need to change the 1571 voicemail to the maximum number of rings before answer and t the BS 8500 to less rings so it answers first.