cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

97 year old with land line fault

Please could someone tell me how to raise a fault on my 97 year old uncles line? It never used to be this difficult to get help. I live 30O miles away from him so I can't just pop over and today I have waited over an hour on line and still not got through to a human .

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: 97 year old with land line fault

try using the 'help ' at top of page and then report a fault

is your uncle registered here

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Phone fault reporting is normally 0800 800 151.

Message 4 of 7

No option to report someone else's land line . Going round in circles 😳

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I will see if a moderator can help.

Message 6 of 7

@alyson1 

How about trying this but using his phone number? Not used it myself, but I would guess it would prompt for a phone number, and possibly other info.

Text us. Text PHONE to 61998 (charges may apply at your standard rate). We'll run tests on your connection to find out what's going on. If you need an engineer, we'll text you in 15 minutes to book a slot.

If you do not need a visit, you will get a call back. At least you would get the opportunity to talk to a real person.

Message 7 of 7

Hi @alyson1 

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the difficulty you're experiencing reporting the fault on behalf of your Uncle.  I understand they're elderly and I appreciate how important it is for the service to be repaired as soon as possible.

I messaged you privately a few minutes ago.  Please reply as soon as you can and I'll arrange to get this picked up as a matter of urgency. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings