cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Re-Number

Go to solution

Update for anyone reading this thread in future. 

Someone from the Home Tech team called today to say he had fixed the line. The issue was a config file in the smarthub that had conflicting sets of contact information. The engineer remotely deleted the file and injected a new config, and just like that, the phones are working again. 

Why this wasn't checked on day one  when i told them the phones were not configured in the hub, is beyond me, but at least it's fixed now and we have our old number back. 

😴

Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

The engineer mentioned that a DV adaptor was causing a conflict, so i asked the Digital Voice team what the issue was. They had no idea of course, but would send me a replacement. They sent me an ADSL filter.. 

Is that it then, BT have just given up caring? Alt-net cant get here fast enough. 

ADSL2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@dansus 

The microfilter is useful on the DV adapter, if you have an old wired phone which needs a third wire to allow it to ring.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Maybe, but it isn't a Digital Voice adaptor that is needed to replace the faulty one.. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

I cannot see how the DV adapter, which is only a DECT receiver, could cause number issues.

It would have been the config file, which holds the phone number and security details, that would have been the issue.

The DV adapter, if you still need it, should work normally.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Didn't make much sense to me either, but just adds to BT's general inability to present a coherent service. 

0 Ratings