cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Advanced Digital Phone with Alexa

Go to solution

I have tried to set up Alexa following the instructions supplied but the link https://amazon.com/gb/code does not accept my amazon.co.uk user name and password so what am I supposed to do set up a new Amazon account just for this?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Advanced Digital Phone with Alexa

Go to solution

Hi @Adrian007   If it is not accepting your Amazon user name and/or password then you need to review it very carefully. I just tried your link with my user name and password and it logged in straight away. If your Amazon user name and password are not working you need to consult Amazon as it is an Amazon site (not BT).

Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

the instruction do work having used them a few times.  are you using a pc/laptop to go to amazon.com to generate the code

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I'm using a Mac which takes me to amazon.com/gb/code but my account is with amazon.co.uk so I cannot sign in and use the code that is generated on the Advanced Phone because it's an amazon uk account and not amazon.com

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I think you maybe misunderstanding.

I can sign into amazon.co.uk with my amazon user name and password but BT wants me to sign into amazon.com which is a different web site (.com vs .co.uk) and therefore a different account is required.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

My Amazon account is UK just like yours and it worked for me.  I assume that is why it has gb in Amazon page

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Well it doesn't work, the response is incorrect password and yet  I go to amazon.co.uk and sign in without any issues.

Amazon.com is the USA web site amazon.co.uk is the UK web site you cannot have the same login unless you set up an account on amazon.com. I even tried the "forgot my password" but it does not recognise my email address.  So if yours works I reckon you have an amazon.com account as well as a .co.uk account with the same password and user name.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Adrian007   I can only repeat, I clicked on your link and signed in with my UK Amazon sign in without a problems. The gb in the url is Great Britain and requires a amazon.co.uk valid user name and password.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I appreciate your help but it does not work for me.

As I said Amazon.com is the amazon USA web site Amazon.co.uk is the UK web site and Amazon.de is the German web site and I mention them latter because although I'm in the UK I ordered from there a while back for a product which was not available on the UK site and guess what I had to create a different user name and password.

I will just forget it and use without Alexa

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

As it would appear to work for everyone else (if it didn't the forum would be inundated) the problem would appear to be with your Amazon account.

0 Ratings