Analogue telephone adapter

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Re: Alarm dialer and BT Digital Voice VOIP

arhhh ok ..thank you
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

hi did this solution work for you? i have issue with alarm dialler now not working after BT recently switched us to digital voice

thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

@gcwj and @karlos103 

Hi - did either of you resolve this issue?  I have the same dialler (SD1+) and our BT network is being upgraded in the spring and I am being told I need to replace the dialler, though they seem to imply the complete security system which cannot be the case.

Any feedback appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

I have the same issue, cant seem to get a replacement dialler for digital line!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@carystb 

There is no such thing as a dialler for digital line. Your existing dialler will either work or it won't, only one way to find out.

Sadly, posters rarely revisit their threads with an outcome.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

My alarm supplier told be that my auto-dialler would not work with Digital Voice and I should upgrade my "obsolete" alarm system (ie, buy an new one from them). I decided to wait and see.
Once Digital Voice was up-and-running I unplugged the autodialler from the old BT socket and plugged it into the hub and it works just fine with no adjustments or changes needed.
I've also connected a multi-way socket to the hub so I can have the autodialler and home phone connected simultaneously and that works just fine, too.

The only thing that I have yet to try is the "remote control" of the alarm (calling in and checking or changing alarm status).

Message 18 of 19

Thanks for that info @grahamm1 - my auto dialler is very old so don’t think mine will work but no harm in giving it ago when I get swapped over.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Unless your auto dialler is pulse rather than tone dialling, it won't matter how old it is.

0 Ratings