cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Analogue phone beeping tone and can't call out

Background

Parents switched to digital voice. I installed the analogue phone adapters so they could keep using their old phones as well. I thought this was all set up correctly, tried ringing and worked OK.

My Dad says that the digital phone is still working ok but when he uses the old phones he can't ring out he just gets a beeping sound.

It could be that it was never set up right and as always beeped when trying to dial out or this has suddenly started.

---

Now my Dad expects me to help him but I'm not familiar with digital voice I don't even have a landline I just use mobile.

Is this a set-up issue? Would seem odd as it was paired and working so really it should work or not.

My Dad isn't familiar with tech stuff so I'm basing this on his description, I've not been round yet.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Analogue phone beeping tone and can't call out

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

check there is not a message by dialling 1571

digital voice enable you to make a call while at the same time receive a call on another phone - assuming you have 2 handsets connected      you can change this to just make/receive 1 call by going to settings then phone settings/line settings/call settings then change multi to single

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks I'll get him to check. If it is that then would getting all digital phones solve this issue? 

My mum has dementia so we have kept the old phones for that but I think she would maybe find having to listen to messages first more confusing than swapping to an new phone. Although I'm not sure.

It's never happened before when they had the old phones connected directly to the router it's only when I put the adaptors in has this started happening but could be a coincidence and they never had a message waiting before. Just wondering if maybe I should just connect them back the router.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

What model are the  "old phones" could they be pulse dialling rather than Tone? Digital Voice only accepts tone dialling. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

In line with @imjolly's post, does dialling out not actually work or is he just assuming he can't because of the changed dial tone?

0 Ratings