cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Caller Display

OpenReach replaced a pole and undergrounded a length of cable near our home on February 7th.  The day after this, Caller Display began to break down intermettently for 24 hours and then stopped working completely. I have reported this to BT and they tried removing and re-intalling Caller Display which did not work. Today an OpenReach Engineer tried to sort it out - apparently nothing untoward found at the exchange and when she phoned BT they went down the same route of removal & re-installation. I have received an email from BT telling me that Caller Display is now available, but it is NOT working - when I dial #234# I get the message "Callers' identities will not be displayed". I am left with "Incoming Call" displaying when the phone rings. 1471 is working.

Any ideas, please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Caller Display

@TotallyMadCat if the message says identities will not be displayed it usually means caller display is not active on the line. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thank you, but Caller Display is activated already and I am understandably perplexed as to why I should be asked to tell you the following: " Account holder name: Relationship to account holder(if different): Account number: Contact telephone number: Full address and Postcode: Email address:" I am simply asking for advice.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

The Mods need to verify you are the account holder. If you don't want their help simply don't reply, but no one else here can help you.

Message 5 of 11

@TotallyMadCat 

That information must be sent privately to @NeilO , so don`t show anything here. He is not allowed to access any customer records without validating your identity.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @TotallyMadCat I'm a BT employee and the information I requested is used to access your BT account and validate your identity. 

There is either a fault or order issue affecting your caller display service and access to your BT account is needed in order to help. I appreciate the need for caution when sharing information online and you're more than welcome to contact customer service for guidance if you don't want help from the BT community moderators.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Are you sure you have the correct line? Try calling your mobile from your home home number and check the correct number is displayed.  Changing out the pole and cabling could  have resulted in pairs of wires being swapped over. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 8 of 11

Thank you  for the suggestion - I will put this to OpenReach tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

But have you verified your number is correct as suggested by @Devon_Dave 

Either call your mobile or dial 17070 and see what number is revealed.

Message 10 of 11

@TotallyMadCat

II suggest you do my check before hand, if it is not your number make a note of the incorrect line number you have. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.