Message 11 of 17

Re: BT8600

@Keith_Beddoe @wonderr 

Apologies, crappy forum software taking me to the last post rather than the last unread...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Which is why I use the Thunderbird RSS reader instead.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

No the phone base is plug into the BT Master Socket SC and has been ever since we have had the BT8600. Our Smart Hub 3, I think
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@wonderr 

If you recently re-contracted, I am surprised you were not moved over to BT Digital Voice, as the PSTN network is closing down.

Please check to see if Caller Display is switched on by entering the
code * # 234 #. If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will
be displayed.

Have you tried that?

You may also like to try removing the power to the base unit for about a minute, to see if it fixes the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

The answer to*#234# was @'Sorry this service is not available; and having switched the power off to the BT8600 and removed the jack from the master socket, waiting a couple of minutes and replacing everything hasn't altered the response of the Call Guardian it is still failing to recognise Book Mark or VIP members.  

I am now off to a funeral which will take all day. I intend spending tomorrow dealing with BT because I am convinced this has been caused by the change of contract. They emailed me to say that my contract was running out at the end of June and were offering EE but I stated I was happy with BT and if i needed to renew it would be with BT.

Thank you both for your efforts.

Yours Aye

Michael (wonderr)

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@wonderr 

I would say that something has gone wrong during your contract renewal, and you have lost the Caller Display  facility.

You need to login to MyBT and go to the phone section, and order the free Privacy and Caller Display feature. It should be activated within 24 hours.

Capture.JPG

For now, all you can do to prevent callers needing to announce themselves, is to turn Call Guardian off. That would mean you are likely to get scam calls.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Many Thanks, would prefer to cut out the cold calling .

0 Ratings