Message 1 of 9

Bereavement

I am having a problem filling in the form to notify of a bereavement. It only makes sense if you want to close the account, but I want to transfer it to a spouse. it is not my account, but the account holder is 90 years old and blind, therefore making it difficult for him to phone up himself.  The  bereavement line were very unhelpful and there is no way to email for help or useful chat bot. I have managed to change or cancel everything else today, but have been defeated by the BT website or phone line

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bereavement

@Spedz 

I have asked a moderator to assist. One of them should post here.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Sorry to ask but am confused is the account holder the 90yr  old and still alive?  If so who are you transferring account to?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

The Account holder has died, but her spouse who is 90 and blind wants to continue using the account. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Spedz,

Thank you for posting. If you send me the details, I'll be able to help you with the bereavement. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I don't seem to have a private message from you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Spedz,

I'm sorry that didn't arrive, I've resent the PM.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I've tried to reply but it says it can't deliver the message.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Good morning @Spedz,

I'm sorry to see that it wouldn't let you reply to @PaddyB.

I've checked your Community account and there are no blocks in place to prevent you from sending a private message.

Can you try it again, please? You can access your Community Inbox here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings