Message 1 of 6

Bt caller id

Go to solution

I've recently bought my elderly mother a bt 2600 phone so I can block unwanted calls she's been having. She is on bt basic plan and I needed to activate caller Id. I spoke to a bt person on Sunday afternoon who said he would put in a request for this and it should be activated the next day, Monday. As of yet, it appears not to have been done. I've tried ringing again but cant get through. I cant set up online bt for her as my email is for my account and she doesn't have one as she has no internet. The one concern I have is the person I spoke to on Sunday said he was setting up caller protect which I'm not sure is the same thing. I did explain about the new phone for blocking. Any help would be greatly received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt caller id

Go to solution

Hi @Littlesue23 welcome to the community, I'm sorry caller ID hasn't been activated as promised. The moderation team will be able to help and I'll send you a private message so you can send over your Mother's details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Littlesue23  All caller ID / display does is display the number of the caller, the phones you have bought have no blocking capability.

You need something like this as well as caller ID  https://shop.bt.com/products/bt7610-nuisance-call-blocker-twin-066876-963J.html?refs=45260000

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The phone has a block button and the instructions says it works with call guardian. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Bob1001 I presume it's the BT Decor 2600 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker that @Littlesue23 has bought and not the BT2600.

Thanks

Neil

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Littlesue23   Sorry, BT don't make it easy, there are two versions of the 2600 one has call blocking and the other does not the "BT Decor 2600 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker" is the one with call blocking.

0 Ratings