cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Call Protect Blacklist Limit 100

I have just moved to Digital Voice and I really like the facility to add the last caller to my blacklist without having to answer but it's really frustrating that there is a limit of 100 numbers, which has been exceeded for some time.  Surely the limit is only a software thing and there should be no reason why any limit is imposed.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call Protect Blacklist Limit 100

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call Protect Blacklist Limit 100

@readyeddie 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

As there are an almost infinite number of possible scam callers with spoofed phone numbers, its never going to be possible to block every one, and its a waste of time anyway.

If you really want to put a stop to scam callers, then you need to use a call blocking phone which allows a whitelist of wanted numbers.

You will never block calls by simply blocking a number, as scammers do not use the same number again.

What you need to use is a call blocking phone like the BT4600. This only allows selected number to get straight through, all others have to announce themselves first, scammers never do that as they use automatic call software.

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/landline-phones/cordless-phones-with-answer-machine/bt460...