cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Call diversion problem with Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi all,

We were recently moved over to Digital Voice and I have my old phone plugged into the back of my BT router. One advantage I was told about Digital Voice is that call diversion is free. I always have our landline diverted to my mobile.

So I have cancelled the paid for service (£30.60 per quarter) and tried to set up call diversion using the *21*number# but I get a message that this service isn't available. 

Do I have to have a new DV phone to use call diversion ? Can anyone help with this ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Call diversion problem with Digital Voice

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@colinsuffolk 

Are you sure it was not Caller Redirect you were paying for, as that is not the same as call divert.

Caller Redirect is used where you have moved out of your original exchange area and are unable to keep your number. It allows your old number to be transferred to your new one.

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Cancel-caller-redirect/m-p/2221219#M82973

It costs £30.60  a quarter, and if you have cancelled it, then the number redirect would have been lost, and it cannot be replicated by call divert.

Your actual phone number would be shown within the home hub menu, and is not going to be the directed one.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Yes you are right I did cancel caller redirect as we moved from outside the area. 

So, how can I divert my home phone to my mobile when *21*number# isn't available ? And why isn't it available ?

Regards, Colin

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

What happens if you call your home number from a mobile, does your home phone ring?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

It possible that the cancellation of Caller Redirect, has rendered your "real" phone number unavailable, as the forward link has now been broken.

That would prevent you setting up call forwarding, as your incoming number would no longer exist on the network.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

It possible that the cancellation of Caller Redirect, has rendered your "real" phone number unavailable, as the forward link has now been broken.

That would prevent you setting up call forwarding, as your incoming number would no longer exist on the network.

Caller redirect only informed callers the old number is no longer available, with a message for the new number.
It won't have any impact on the 'real' number or service.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@-Richie- 

But @colinsuffolk  said it directed to a mobile. I wonder what number the message was saying, was it a landline number or a mobile number?

I cannot see why stopping that service should prevent call forwarding from being set up from the current phone number to a mobile.

What is  happening to calls made to the old number now that the Caller Redirect facility has been cancelled? It would not be possible to forward the original number, maybe that is where the confusion is being caused.

If @colinsuffolk  cannot get it to work, then it may need a moderator to investigate the cause.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Our landline number works , I called it on a mobile.

Cheers

0 Ratings