cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Call diversion problem with Digital Voice

Go to solution

There does seem to be something amiss. I've just noticed that the dial tone on our landline is dual tone (like when it was diverted). No matter what I do I can't get a constant single tone dial tone. I've tried #21# which then says diversion cancelled but still get the dual tone dial tone after that.

I wonder if because my landline was diverted when it changed over to digital voice it's got stuck in limbo somehow ?

Regards, Colin

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

have you checked there are no voicemail messages and also 1571

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution
The dual tone ( modulated ) signifies a message on the answer service, call divert being set changes dialtone to an interrupted dialtone ( on , off , on , etc ) but as far as your original issue , the fact that when you tried #21# to remove diversion and the AVR said call divert was off , suggests the facility is available otherwise that code wouldn’t be recognised, so it’s odd that by entering the code for divert *21* etc , doesn’t seem to put your line on divert ,
I’m on DV and can set and remove call divert with no issues, so it is an included facility with DV .
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Yes there was a message thanks. I've deleted it and now have a continuous dial tone. 

I've just tried to divert again to check the message it gives and it's this -

'Sorry, the service you wish to control is not available from your line'.

Even though when I do #21# it says 'Call diversion is cancelled'

Regards, Colin

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Is your line now , and has it always been a single residential type line and never a ‘PBX’ type business line , like a 2 line  group , for example (01234) 123456/1 and /2   ?

With multi line numbers , setting diversion becomes impractical, obviously a incoming call could be answered on line 1 or 2 , and depending on how the customer has their system set up , incoming calls could always ‘try’ line 1 first , and only if it’s busy try line 2 , others could share the traffic equally , so line 2 gets calls even if line 1 isn’t busy,  so setting a diversion on incoming calls on a 2 or more line system would have to  be a little convoluted by  making the 1st line busy and then diverting the last line , so all  incoming call would be diverted , for this reason (AFAIK) this type of call simple call divert  is only really suitable for single lines , other products can do a similar job on PBX’s 

I wondered if some historical ‘record’ for your number is prohibiting call diversion being available .

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

It is a standard domestic line and I've used call divert successfully for 3 years prior to the move to Digital Voice.  

Regards, Colin

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@colinsuffolk 

No idea what the issue is, so I will ask a moderator to look at it.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @colinsuffolk and welcome.

Thanks for posting about the call divert. It sounds like you've done as much as you can at your side so I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I've dropped you a private message so send over the details and we'll pick it up. Just a heads up, we're really busy at present so it's taking longer than usual to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Hi all,

This issue now solved. I contacted BT tech support and apparently when I cancelled 'call redirect' they also cancelled 'call diversion' from my line, even though it's free.

Now works, thanks again.

Regards, Colin

Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @colinsuffolk,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings