cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Can I use my old phone and DECT on a smart hub

Go to solution

Just signed up for fttp and wondering if I can connect my old phone to the hub and also use dect phone at the same time. Mainly as my old phone has an answerphone and call blocker where I've already entered loads of areas code and numbers to block.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Can I use my old phone and DECT on a smart hub

Go to solution

Yes. Just connect existing phone to socket on back of hub.

This will help 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks, will save me hours not having to reblock spam callers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Hi, new to the forum and late to this thread.. but need some updated claity on the link below regarding the connection of an analogue phone / DECT base station to a Smarthub 2 router.

Contract is due for renewal shortly and when speaking with BT sales yesterday about ongoing options for transfer to digital voice service I asked about the connection of an existing DECT phone into the green socket on the router (as stated can be done on many BT links) but they are telling me that this can't be done and that after transfering the service over to digitaI voice I won't be able to use my existing DECT phone even if it is plugged into the green socket on the Smarthub 2 (or a new Hub3).

I did point out the information being quoted all over BT sites that "For most customers, the switch to Digital Voice will be as simple as connecting your home phone handset to a router rather than the phone socket on the wall" but was told the only options were no handset and a mobile app or a new digital handset. And that no analogue / DECT phone would work after the change over.

I get a feeling this is sales talk to get people to take the DV handet but hopefuly the forum can clarify what is actually correct.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

I really do despair about the knowledge of the sales staff at BT.

You can categorically continue to use whatever system you have now. The green socket at the rear of the hub is a direct replacement for your current master socket.

I currently have a Panasonic DECT system working using the green socket.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks Licquorice,

Suspicions confirmed..

Is your system changed over to DV yet ?

Just wondering as mine is still runnung on the existing analogue line and I tried my DECT base station plugged into the green socket this morning but it's showing line fault on the handset screen.  I'm unsure if the green socket is only activated once the transfer to DV has completed ? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

The green socket is the analogue presentation of DV so thus will only become active when DV is activated.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution
It's good to know I can still use my current phone. But how do I phone BT using my phone if I have lost my internet? How do I ring BT to say I need help? Previously, I could not ring out if I lost electricity unless I had an old analogue type phone as a backup. But when Digital Voice is forced on me, how do I ring my elderly mother or any help line if I lose internet ? How do I get the internet fixed immediately if I cannot contact anyone?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

Mobile phone?

Exactly how you would now if you lost your phone service due to a fault.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Ah, ok.. I wasn't sure

Will have a go at sales on Monday this time fore armed..

Thanks again..

0 Ratings