cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Can't access DV 'Call Protect' feature using BT account

Go to solution

Hi,

About 6 months ago BT upgraded me to Digital Voice and gave me the BT Advanced Digital Phone. Unfortunately, I've managed to inadvertantly block a friend's phone number and want to unblock it. I've logged into my BT account and gone the options to manage Digital Voice features, specifically 'Call Protect', so I can remove the number from the block list. However, I am unable to access it or any of the Digital Voice features as they all say:

'Please contact your account holder to manage this feature'

I am the account holder!

At the moment, I've had to switch off 'Call Protect' (using 1572 from the phone) to disable call blocking so my friend can ring me without getting the awful BT blocked call message! And, of course, now I can't block any real scam calls.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or why BT thinks I'm not the account holder?

Thanks in advance.

Vinny

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't access DV 'Call Protect' feature using BT account

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Vinny_L,

Thanks for taking the time to post up on the Community.

It sounds like your online account role is what we call an Account Manager. It lets you view bills but it doesn't give you rights to make a lot of changes. This is usually set up for someone who is helping someone else with their bills.

You will need an Account Holder role. You can find out more here: Account Holder vs Account Manager

Scroll down to the part that says "I should be the Account holder but I'm currently listed as an Account manager. How can I change this?". That should show you how you can become the Account Holder for your online bills.

Let me know how you get on with that, please.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've only ever had a BT account for myself, so a bit confused why BT would think I'm managing it for someone else.  Anyway, I made the change and my account details now show me as Account Holder. However, the options to manage the DV features are still saying 'Please contact your account holder to manage this feature' .

Still a bit confused 😕.

Vinny

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Vinny_L thanks for doing that and I'm sorry it's still not working. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO ,

I checked my BT account again this morning and, miraculously, I can now access the options to manage DV features. It evidently takes a bit of time for some changes to take effect 🙄

Thanks all for the help .

Vinny

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Vinny_L no worries, I'm glad you got sorted.

Thanks

neil

0 Ratings