cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Cannot make or receive calls

bt moved me from copper phone line to digital voice without my permission and now my landline phone doesn't work. How do I get back on copper phone line?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot make or receive calls

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Have you tried pluging a phone into the phone socket on the Smart Hub? You should have been sent a phone which pairs with the hub too.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thank you for your reply. Why would bt send me a phone? I don't want to be on DV anyway as my elderly mother cannot use these modern type phones.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I may be that your exchange has been closed down to PSTN and now need to use DV

If you have SH2 then just connect your existing phone to green socket on back of hub using your existing phone cable currently connected to openreach phone socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your reply. The phone and the sh2 are at opposite ends of the house which means it is not possible to connect them. I just want to be put back on the copper phone line - bt moved me from copper to dv without my permission and as a result I have no working phone. My elderly mother needs a working phone in case of medical emergencies, how do I get bt to put me back on the copper phone line? (the local exchange is up and runnig and will be for some time to come).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Before you were switched to Digital Voice they should have sent you a new phone to work with the SH2, even if you never use it, you do need it to switch on/off some of the DV "features".

You can connect the hub to your internal extension wiring - which will allow the phone at the other end of the house to work much as before, though you do need to disconnect the extension (s) from the former master socket first.

There various ways extensions have been connected over the last 30 odd years, depending on when they were installed. There are threads, with pictures to identify various master sockets and ongoing connections here on this forum which will help.

Message 8 of 8

@g3pk9wrote:

bt moved me from copper phone line to digital voice without my permission and now my landline phone doesn't work. How do I get back on copper phone line?

You can't. If they contacted you there would've been an option to delay the switch but nothing can be done once switched,  everyone is going to be switched anyway