cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Changeover to Digital Voice

For 20 days now our Digital Voice is not working.  I can dial out on the landline but nobody can dial in.

Our landline number was supposed to be ported across from the old PSTN system but we are still not working.  The date given this time was 3rd May but still not working.  The digital voice adapter shows the steady green light.....

Any help really appreciated.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Changeover to Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

None of these answers help in my situation.  Hope for a reply which will solve my problem and others 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Anything unusual about the number , like it was not originally a BT number , or has been ported around other providers before brought back to BT ?
It’s not unheard of for migration to DV to be OK on outgoing ( the correct number displayed when calling a mobile for example ) but incoming calls don’t get through….all you can do is report , or re report it , a BT Mod may offer to get this looked at for you, try connecting a phone  to the master socket ( like before the change to DV ) and call your landline number yourself, does it ring ? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Previous posts suggest that this is indeed likely a porting issue. Somehow the porting process isn't fully completes & sadly, can seem to take weeks to resolve. As a first step, see if the can get your issue escalated to the TMC team, as at least they should understand the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Will try TMC team.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I have called from my mobile but it doesn't ring and eventually cuts off.  Other friends have called my landline and it is continually engaged.  We have had this landline number for 33 years.  Many moons ago we were with Virgin Media as Broadband provider. 

Back with BT infinity service since July 2015.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Unfortunately, no one on these forums can help you bar the Moderators, who are BT employees. One of them may pick this up but they don't necessarily read all threads. TMC are your best option for now.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi @nfee,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your Landline hasn't worked since it was switched to Digital Voice. I understand from your post that you can make outgoing calls. If you ring your mobile from that line does it show the correct number is calling?

If you send me your details, I'll be able to run a few checks. I have sent you a private message with instructions for contacting the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hello

Yes I called my mobile from our landline and it came up with the correct landline number.

Noelle

0 Ratings