cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Chaotic DV switchover process

I was told on 7 August that I would be switched within 30 days.  That hasn't happened. Now I'm told I need to pay £2 extra a month. The BT website says

"Do I have to pay extra for Digital Voice?

No, there’s no charge. We also won’t change your contract length, or increase the cost of your service when your contract ends."

Seems a bit strange. I'll stick with my analogue line.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Chaotic DV switchover process

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Cowley 

there is no additional charges for DV however when you renew your contract you have option of broadband only or broadband with phone.  with phone means you have the ability to make/receive calls on your home phone and there is an additional cost of £2/5pm + any charges for your call package.  to avoid confusion the 'land line cost or line rental as often  used' is included in you broadband package and is same whether you are on FTTP or FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Ironic for a communications company to have such poor communications! First I was told it was happening, now I'm told it won't be without paying extra. The full fibre roll out in my area has been put back again to December 2026, so BT doesn't feel like a great place to be locked into for 2 more years.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is no extra charge for DV. Landline charges are exactly the same for analogue as digital.

If you don't wish to have either, there is a slight reduction in your package price.

You were either misinformed or you misinterpreted what was said.

0 Ratings