cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Confused about what will happen when connected to full fibre

Go to solution

I fear I'm confused and I am looking for some clarity. Fibre broadband is being installed in my area and, when it's up and running I will have it connected directly into my house. While I know this will give my faster speeds and, I assume,means that I will lose my landline, will I have to be signed up to a new deal and router etc before this connection is made? Or will my existing router work on a temporary basis?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Confused about what will happen when connected to full fibre

Go to solution

@Shepherdess 

You would not lose your phone service, it will be moved over to BT Digital Voice.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, @Shepherdess welcome to the community, when the full fibre network is ready you will need to place an order to upgrade your existing service, as part of the order an engineer visit will be organised to fit the line and equipment. 

You will also need to agree to a new deal with a minimum term and will be provided with a Smart Hub 2 if you don't have one already.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You will have to sign up for FTTP with a new contract. If you currently have a SH2 the LAN port 4 can be switched to a WAN port for FTTP in the hub management interface, just log in with the info on the hub.

0 Ratings