cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

DECT Extender for Digital Voice Phone

I now understand that in order to used a second BT digital voice phone at a distance from my router I need a DECT extender.

Would there be anyone on this forum who can recommend a DECT extender which will work with my second BT digital voice phone.

Regards John

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: DECT Extender for Digital Voice Phone

Which phones did you use before BT Digital voice, and why can`t you just continue using those?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

the DV phones supplied by BT cover as good a distance as any other dect phone.  have you tried using your existing phone in house to find signal limitations

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Keith,

I live in the countryside with very long copper wires which made the phone quiet and not acceptable.  Now we are on fibre to property and therefore changed to Digital Voice (internet phone system). A great improvement.

However the property is large and long with thick 2/3 foot stone walls and I wanted a Digital Voice phone at each end of the house.

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The phone which is a distance from the Router does ring but when answered the discussion breaks up - The user then moves near to the router for a conversation to take place.

I live in the countryside with very long copper wires which made the phone quiet and not acceptable.  Now we are on fibre to property and therefore changed to Digital Voice (internet phone system). A great improvement.

However the property is large and long with thick 2/3 foot stone walls and I wanted a Digital Voice phone at each end of the house.

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

You haven't responded to the questions above about your existing phones. Assuming they were DECT, try plugging the base station into the socket at the back the hub (probably covered by a sticker) and see if that provides a better connection with an existing handset over the longer distance.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi Pottyperson,

I have one old phone which is connected to the Green Phone Port on the router - and now my 2 new phones are Digital Voice  phones connected to my fibre to property (phone over the internet).  These Digital phones were setup as per the instructions - Registering the handset to the hub and pressing WPS when asked.

Hope this helps with a solution.

Regards John

0 Ratings