cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Caller ID not working

Hi

We have just bought a new Panasonic TGC423E trio phone set but the caller ID function isn't working. It just says incoming call and when I go to the menu for Caller ID it says I need to subscribe. However I have checked my account an it says caller ID is already part of my package.

What do I need to do to get it showing on my new handsets please? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Caller ID not working

Try dialling *#234# on your home phone and listen to the announcement. It will tell you if caller ID is active on your line. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

It does say caller ID is active but whenever anyone calls us (that has their number programmed into the phones), the caller ID isn't being shown on the display - it simply says INCOMING CALL.

But when i press the caller ID button on the handset, the display says YOU NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO CALLER ID

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@flotmangooner 

Has caller ID ever worked?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Our old phone didn't support it. We purchased a new trio handset yesterday which does support it

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@flotmangooner wrote:

Our old phone didn't support it. We purchased a new trio handset yesterday which does support it

That is quite a common problem where the exchange configuration is lost, and is out of sync with your account.

To fix it, you need to remove the caller display option from MyBT, and progress that order.

Then wait 24 hours and add it again. That will reload the customer profile within 24 hours.

Please post back with an update to say whether that fixes the problem.

I assume you are not on BT Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi

Not on digital voice. Will try your suggestion and see if it works

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@flotmangooner wrote:

Hi

Not on digital voice. Will try your suggestion and see if it works

Thank you

If it does not work, then it could be an exchange line card fault. Its also best to see if the caller ID works with the phone plugged directly into the test socket on the master phone socket, as sometimes faulty broadband filters can distort the signal which is sent just before the first ring.

Message 9 of 12

Hi @flotmangooner, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. Do post back after you try this and let us know if that resolved the problem?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi

OK - I done an order cancelling the caller ID. Left it 48 hours then went back on to my account and added it back on this afternoon. Got email tonight saying everything is done. Just tried it - still not working. Phone simply displays 'incoming call'. If I press the caller ID button on the phone, it says I need to subscribe to the service.

Tried the socket suggestion as well but makes no difference. 

0 Ratings