cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

DV extension phone

Recently upgraded to Smart Hub 2 and DV last month . Connected my older phone (BT6500) to the rear of the router and then my old extension phone to a DVA. Everything appeared to work !! When I receive a call both phones ring as I would expect but if I answer on the BT6500 (connected directly to the router) I cannot pickup on the extension phone in my office (connected to the DVA) I just get dial tone. I can also dial the home number from the extension phone and the main phone line rings gives the appearance of two separate lines very strange.

I have reset all the system, tried different phones but still get this strange situation.

On a different issue when I call from my EE mobile if I move slightly away from the router the person on the other end of the call can’t hear me and call is lost even though the iPhone is setup for WiFi calling.
did call BT/Openreach out because smart hub kept resetting but they could not find a fault.

any help or advise would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: DV extension phone

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Turn off the multi-line option.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

That isn't the problem here. The problem is that there is no connection between a phone connected to the ATA in the hub and one connected directly via DECT via an adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Ok so in reality the solution would be to get BT digital handsets and ‘link’ them wirelessly to the router/hub
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the response so what’s the answer?

Message 6 of 8

Yes (but they link via DECT, not WiFi), or use another DV adapter rather than the hub socket.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

What is the extension phone? Is it corded or cordless?

If cordless and GAP compatible could pair it to the BT6500 base unit and keep the BT6500 base unit connect to the back of the smart hub 2 via the phone port.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Corded - quite old don’t know the make sorry
0 Ratings